2018 Poster Contest, Registration & Rules:
The Hermann Arts Council Poster Contest is a biannual, open invitation for area artists to create original artwork that can be used as a poster based on a Hermann-related theme in any medium. To enter, please review the Poster Contest Rules, then print and mail in the entry form below. Please call 636-207-8709 if you have questions.
2018 Poster Contest Highlights:
- The theme for the poster contest is Hermann, Missouri.
- Submission deadline is June 8, 2018.
- There will be 1st ($500), 2nd ($100), and 3rd ($50) place winners.
- Entries will be displayed and the winners will be announced to the public September 8, 2018, at a reception at the Hermann Rotunda in the Hermann City Park.
Any art medium may be used — oils, watercolor, pastels, photography, computer-generated, etc.
Judging will be done by paid professionals such as university professors, and by unpaid professionals.
- Artists who enter also may show and sell other works, as long as they bring their own displays for those pieces.
- Artists wishing to sell their work will need to have submitted an Application of Special Event Business License and a Certificate of No Tax Due to the City of Hermann.
- Artists may enter as many times as they want.
Please join us in this fun community event to support the arts in Hermann! For more information, contact April Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posters and merchandise with images from our past contests may be purchased at the Hermann Welcome Center, 150 Market Street, 573-486-2744.
Poster | $20.00
Framed poster | $40.00
5-poster set | $75.00