2016 Poster Contest, Registration & Rules:
The Hermann Arts Council is pleased to announce the theme for the 2016 Hermann Poster Contest is “Hermann, on the bluffs.” The HAC Poster Contest is a biannual, open invitation for area artists to create original artwork that can be used as a poster based on a Hermann-related theme in any medium. To enter, please review the Poster Contest Rules and complete the Poster Contest Entry Form below:
2016 Poster Contest Highlights:
- The theme for the poster contest is Hermann, on the Bluffs.
- Submission deadline is June 1, 2016.
- The winner will receive $500 and bragging rights.
- Entries will be displayed and the winners will be announced to the public July 16, 2016, at a reception at the City Park Rotunda Building in Hermann.
- Any art medium may be used – oil, pastels, watercolor, photos, etc.
- Judging will be done by paid professionals, such as university professors.
- Artists who enter also may show and sell other works, as long as they bring their own displays for those pieces.
- Artists wishing to sell their work will need to have submitted an Application of Special Event Business License and a Certificate of No Tax Due to the City of Hermann.
- Artists may enter as many times as they want.
Please join us in this fun community event to support the arts in Hermann! For more information, contact Bartow Molloy at email@example.com or 573.294.6242.
Christine Fullgraf of Hermann was the winner of the 2014 poster contest. Her winning entry was entitled “Hermann, on the Missouri.”
Posters and merchandise with images from our past contests can be purchased at the Hermann Welcome Center, 312 Market Street, 573-486-2744.
2014 Winning Design:
Signed poster | $25.00
Custom framed poster | $125.00 (one remaining)
T-shirt | $15.00
Mug | $8.00
Poster | $20.00
Framed poster | $40.00
5-poster set | $75.00